Aslamoalykum Dear Parents and Guardians,
On behalf of our school board and staff at Alhuda Academy, I welcome you to the 2019-20 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. School’s strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
3)Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to the best college. Please consider joining our school PTO and volunteer program as our school can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions.
We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
1) Teacher-led instructional support, usually in the classroom
2) Reading with children who need extra help
3) School-wide events
4) Student recognition events
5) Outreach, recruitment and students enrichment programs.
If you have any questions about the rules and expectations, please feel free to
contact me or to discuss them with your child’s teacher. It is very important that you and your child
are fully informed regarding standards related to appropriate behavior for a safe and productive
school year. Please feel free to review the Alhuda Parent Handbook which can be accessed online.
We thank you for your support and look forward to meeting you.
Principal, Nadeem Sikandar